Sunday, September 4, 2011

An Unfaithful Blogger

Hi Everyone,

Since I haven't posted since January 2009, I have surrendered to the fact that my faithful blog follower (aka Michelle Underwood) may be skeptical of my sudden interest in blogging. (And yes, Michelle is my only known follower at this point.) I am hoping to recruit more followers as I prove my true loyalty to blogging.

So, what has happened in the Miller family since 2009? Let me give you a quick update:

In the summer of 2009, I started the journey towards getting my MBA. Three years later, I'm almost finished. I plan to graduate May 2012.

Scott moved into a senior project consultant position at Ontario Systems (I can't remember when this happened).  In 2010, Ontario Systems closed their Berlin office, and Scott has been working from home ever since. He still enjoys his job as well as his travels.

The biggest and best change was welcoming Bailey Elizabeth into our family on July 5, 2010.


Needless to say, Bailey came sprinting into the world and has blessed us in so many ways. Bailey is teaching me a lot about flexibility, and this has been good for me. I am a "planner," and when Bailey came two weeks early, I knew I was in for a learning and growing experience.

Five weeks before we welcomed Bailey into the world we welcomed Grady David. Little brother to my nephew, Gavin, and Lesli and Matt's second boy. What a blessing he has been to our family!


Scott and I celebrated four years of marriage on August 18. It is hard to believe it has been four years, and it makes me feel old. Scott is a wonderful spriritual leader for our family, and he challenges me in many ways to grow in my faith. Scott is an awesome dad as well. He has changed his fair share of diapers and taken the early morning shift numerous times. (Thanks for all you do, Honey!!)


Most recently, Scott's sister Heidi got married. She is officialy Heidi Yoder now. We are so excited to have Ben in our family, and Bailey loves having another uncle.


Bailey was the flower girl in the wedding, and Ben's nephew, Liam, was the ring bearer. An animal cracker before the ride down the aisle was the key to success. In fact, Bailey waved and said "hi" the entire way down the aisle. I was a very proud mommy!

I still work in human resources two days a week at Pomerene Hospital, and we still live in our first home in Sugarcreek. We are constantly making updates to our home, and we are about ready to take on the basement. I feel like I am leaving out numerous occasions, but I wanted this to be a quick update about the last 2-3 years; however, a lot happens in 2-3 years. (Another great reason for keeping up with my blog!)  One thing that hasn't changed is our desire to remain in the center of God's will and wait on his timing for all of the "occasions" in our lives. I look forward to sharing more of our journey with you.

Thanks for reading, and I will post again soon! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you are blogging! Even though I knew about those events, it's still fun to read here. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete