Monday, July 8, 2013

Bailey Girl is 3!

First off, I cannot believe I have a 3 year old. What!?!?! Bailey turned 3 last Friday, and her birthday is quickly turning into a birthday month.  With Bailey opening presents off and on for a few weeks straight and getting fireworks on the eve of her birthday (also the night we had her first cake with candles), she is bound to have a skewed view of how we celebrate birthdays around here.  I just hope she isn't too crushed when she realizes the fireworks aren't for her birthday...


Side note: Bailey's birthday has been stretched out due to our family vacation with my family to the beach.  I'll blog more about that later, because this post is for the birthday girl. 

All Bailey wanted for her birthday were candles.  At this point, she has had 3 different cakes with candles to blow out.  The happiness she shows when you sing her "Happy Birthday" is priceless.  I love that she understands the celebration that a birthday truly is and enjoys it now.  It was fun watching her open her own gifts this year and get excited.  Of course, she wanted to open the box the Rapunzel doll came in that grandma got her right away.  I had to coax her into opening the rest of her presents before playing with her Rapunzel doll.  Here are a few pictures of Bailey opening gifts at the "beach house" as Bailey likes to refer to it...


 
 
I'm so thankful for all of the people in our lives that love Bailey and have made her birthday "month" special.  I am also thankful for the wonderful memory of celebrating her third birthday at the beach and that Bailey loves the beach as much as I do.  It's another thing that shows how much Bailey and I are alike.  We have many beach vacations in our future!

Happy birthday, sweet Bailey girl!  You bring so much joy and laughter to our family.  You actually make your dad and I laugh multiple times a day by the cute toddler things you say.  I love your independence and that you strive to do everything yourself.  I love that you absolutely LOVE Strawberry Shortcake right now and have even memorized the theme song.  Don't ever lose the joy that comes from singing through life! I love you!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment