Tuesday, June 4, 2013

28!

I had a great birthday yesterday!  So far, 28 is great! (Sorry for the rhyme!) 

I had to work yesterday, but my co-workers bought me Chipotle for lunch and Monica made me the richest, delicious peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes.  Seriously, these cupcakes were like a drug.  We all crashed about 30 minutes after we ate them!  Having a summer birthday, I was always the kid that had to celebrate my birthday at school in May with all of the other summer birthday kids because we wouldn't be at school, so I still enjoy spending my birthday at work on my actual birthday.

When I got home from work, Ben and Heidi were here to watch the kids so that Scott and I could go to dinner alone.  BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!  I am excited for the day when our kids can go with us out to eat on my birthday, but at this stage of the game, it is probably best to not try it.  Scott and I headed to Olive Garden (my favorite) and ended the night at Target buying diapers.  Ha... we really are parents!

I also got serenaded by Gaving and Grady separately.  I laughed that Grady had to sing it by himself.  He wanted the spotlight to himself!!!

My favorite memory from yesterday was Bailey telling me before bed that Uncle Ben was fixing her tub with no clothes on.  What!?!?!  I knew that Ben had clothes on, but I had to get to the bottom of this story.  I came to find out that Ben had redone the caulking around our tub (another great present) and he wasn't wearing a shirt; hence, he wasn't wearing any clothes.  The classic story of "mowing with no clothes on" revives itself decades later.

(Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post, but my mom hasn't come to celebrate my birthday yet so I don't have any.)

No comments:

Post a Comment