Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ahhhh... Sweet Communication

As with all toddlers, yesterday was another day of firsts! Our conversation (Yes, I said CONVERSATION!) went like this:

Me: Bailey are you hungry?
Bailey: Eat!
Me: Do you want juice or water?
Bailey: Juice.
Me: OK. Walk over to your seat, and I'll put you in it.

As I round the corner into the dining room, I am still wondering if she is following my instructions. When her chair came into sight, there she was standing beside it! At this point, I am wondering whether to celebrate or follow through with my end of the deal and put her in her seat.

Though communication brings on a whole new area of challenges, I am so ready for it. Playing a guessing game is... for lack of a better term... getting old! As adults, we struggle communicating with each other, so I know it won't always be easy. I am hoping I'll learn something as Bailey opens more doors for communication over the coming weeks and years. And lets be honest, she'll probably tell you a few of our secrets in the meantime. Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment